Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wow, Big Green Egg Cookbook

Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got a super secret peek at the new cookbook and it is awesome. The pictures are amazing and the recipes are even better. This book has been in the works for 2 years.

In case you haven't heard about this, it is a brand new ALL Big Green Egg® cookbook. It has about 320 pages with about 160 new recipes that were all developed for the EGG.

It's gonna be out in a couple of weeks. You can get it from us at the store autographed by Ed Fisher or you can get your local dealer to get you one.

This is pretty eggciting stuff!!
·

Comments

• DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    Finally!! This was way over due because the first advice in that little green book was the pits.Thanks for the heads up.
    ·
  • DeplesisDeplesis Posts: 215
    Bobby,
    I'll have to put that one on my after Christmas list :ermm: :huh:
    RJ
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,333
    From what I saw at the Mothership, this is a no-playing-around book. Beautiful photography and great recipes. Looks like it will be not only a great cooking tool, but nice on the coffee table in the family room.

Congrats to all that were involved for getting it to the press! No small task.

Happy holidays bro.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • I'm wondering how much the forum here helped out with the recipes?
    Or were they developed all on their own, by cooks employed by BGE?
    There's soooo many favorites developed by thirdeye, Nakedwhiz, and so many others, that I hope they didn't try to "re-do" them!
    Regardless, I will be asking for it for a b'day present!
    ·
  • Well maybe now I will be able to cook on this thing LOL

Up 'til now everything has been an adventure into the unknown...

Spring "Follow Recipes To The B" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    LOL Leroy. What eggzactly have we been doing for the past few years?

Seriously, I too look forward to seeing it.
    ·
  • "Adventure" is the key word. But what the heck... it was all fun, and every now and then I managed to eat some of it.

Spring "Funny Stuff Happens" Chicken
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,113
    Can we pre-order one now?
    Is so, how much?
    If not, how much?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Woody69Woody69 Posts: 360
    Mickey wrote:
    Can we pre-order one now?
    Is so, how much?
    If not, how much?

Me too....lol
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Sounds great, Bobby! I look forward to having a copy.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Mike
    ·
  • I was really disappointed with the spiral one I paid $17 for. :angry:

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • I am looking forward to this . I asked my wife to get me a copy as a delayed Christmas gift. She figures that if I cook better it will pay off for her!! I do not mind the wait. Thanks for the preview.
    ·
  •  
    Thanks for letting us know, been waiting.

GG
    ·
  • KokemanKokeman Posts: 815
    Can't wait!!!
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,894
    Sounds like it's gonna be a good'n. But is it really going to be in the $50-$60 price range as rumored? Sure hope not.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    It sure is $50.00 exactly and worth every penny too. This is a coffee table book that is all about the EGG and what you can cook on it.

It really is a work of art.
    ·
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    All of the recipes were developed by a recipe developer. If we did a book that featured some of the great recipes from here but not all of them then a bunch of folks get hurt feelings. We're not about hurting folks feelings.
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,365
    I'm looking forward to owning it!!! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·