Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin Question

Options
Chef Boyaree
Chef Boyaree Posts: 150
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to do a whole beef tenderloin on the egg for xmas. Does anyone have a good recipe? Not interested in anything stuffed... just straight up roasted tenderloin. I could have sworn I have seen recipes in the past but I suppose not. If someone does have a recipe, please include temperature of the egg, cooking time, etc...

Comments

• Chef Boyaree
    Options
    oops... forgot to click box where replies are sent to my email address... sorry for the 2nd post... Happy Holidays!
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Hey Chef,

There are a ton of recipes here for Grilled Beef Tenderloin.
    This looks like a good basic recipe also.

Good luck,

Gator

• Chef Boyaree
    Options
    I appreciate the links... but was asking specifically about the egg... does anyone have any guidance as to temp on the egg? indirect/direct...etc...
  • MJF24
    MJF24 Posts: 146
    Options
    This is an easy cook.

Brush a small amount of olive oil on the meat and sprinkle with salt & pepper or some rub that you like (I like DP Raising the Steaks).

Cook indirect at 375 until the internal temperature is about 130. Others on the forum pull at 125, but I usually go to 130 or a little higher because my family doesn't like too rare. You could also cook direct if you want to get grill marks on the tenderloin, but then you've got to turn it a few times to make sure that it cooks evenly. (Too much trouble if you ask me.) I usually add a small amount of smoke, but be careful because tenderloin absorbs smoke surprisingly easily.

Pull it off and wrap in foil for about 15 minutes.

Slice and serve.

Delicious! ;)