Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

17.5 lbs. of Butt on the Egg

Options
Buxwheat
Buxwheat Posts: 727
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooking for the annual Christmas dinner for the OR staff. I put two butts on at 5:15 PM. Don't think they are going to be done by the time I leave for work (6AM), so I am entrusting wifey to not only take them off when they are done, but to wrap 'em, rest 'em, and pull 'em. Dinner is on Thursday, but I'm on call tomorow and figured there was no way I could get them on the egg in time to have them ready by the time I take off.

Best way to re-heat? We only have microwaves that we can use. I'm thinking some Coke to moisten it up. What methods work well when you're forced to bring in cold meat and have limited rewarming? Crock Pot?

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    If you have a foodsaver a microwave will reheat just fine..as long as you pay attention while reheating...you don't want to just set it for 10 minutes and walk away..either use lower power or heat it for a few minutes and let it rest so to speak..repeat as needed...no foodsaver it can get more involved..which I have never attempted as I own a foodsaver..enjoy, I'm sure everyone else will also..
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    If you have a foodsaver you can put the bags in a pot of simmering water to reheat. If not, the coke method works fine but I shy away from it because of the sugar in it. I use a little chicken broth to reheat mine.