Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A salute to the man who started it all

Options
Cat
Cat Posts: 556
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
[p]The terrific community spirit that Bill Miller created & nurtured on this Forum led directly to the first Eggtoberfest - which in turn created the demand for Eggfest.[p]So, for all those who enjoyed the weekend's fellowship, fun & food as much as I did, we owe a debt of gratitude to our dear departed friend & Webmaster. He built something remarkable, and the good feeling at Eggfest was a tribute to his memory.[p]Thanks to everyone who made this gathering such a success.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Cat,
    I sure am glad you brought this forth. Perfect timing and so often people forget the "roots" of something really wonderful.

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Cat,[p]Very true. Sue and I both like to think this weekend would have given him a big smile. Thanks.[p]Spin

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Cat,[p]Thanks and very well stated. Although I could not attend the 2K fest, I was there in spirit and will never forget the man who did so much to make the forum and family what it is today. Y'all did Big Bill proud this past weekend.[p]K~G
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    KennyG, and not to forget you my friend the co-worker with Bill Miller who was the challenge instigator that inspired the group. From great minds come great ideas, and with folks like you and Bill it had to be a success. Take a bow!!
    C~W[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Cat,
    Though I never met Bill, I think of him often...and when he was here, you could feel his presence...although he posted little. Now that he is in a better place, I still can't help think of him when I think of the BGE family. He is a huge part of it...and now that I have met many of you that knew him well, it is obvious he was associated with an awesome group of folks. He will not be forgotten, nor will the friendships he helped create. Thanks for the reminder.[p]Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Cat, Nice thoughts and I second that wholeheartedly!
    C~W[p]

• Unknown
    Options
    Cat,
    My heartfelt thanks and deep appreciation to you, "Cat" and to all who responded to your post for your remembrance of ("My") ("Our") Bill. Although I read the posts through tears, I am so pleased and comforted to see that some of you "Eggers" and "Eggetts" remember and appreciate Bill's efforts,love,interest and continued nuturing of The Big Green Egg Forum,and the Eggtoberfest, as well as the rest of the Website. My son (Webmaster Kinder) and I thank-you-all very much for your salute and your thoughtfulness!
    Brenda

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Brenda,
    My dearest friend will never be forgotten. Brenda, you are close family to Kathy and me. Were looking forward to being with you in Atlanta shortly. Remember we have room for you at our home any time you want to revisit us.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Brenda,[p]Bill is well remembered and very highly regarded by everyone I've talked to who knew him. Unfortunately I never met him in person but communicated with him through email on occasion. We computer guys need to stick together! I know that I and all of the others appreciate his efforts in starting this forum and helping to lay the groundwork for this forum and great family. While I can't even pretend to know the effects of your loss, all I can say is that you should take solace in the fact that Bill is so incredibly highly regarded and respected by every "Egger" I know.[p]Dave (aka Cornfed)
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Thank you,[p]I might have been the instigator but always felt that I could have done more in the early days of Eggfest I. Work and other obligations kept pulling me away.[p]Bill on the other hand was working more hours than anyone I knew and yet always found the time to do whatever was necessary to promote the event and ensure it's success. He was relentless in that aspect. What a great guy he was.[p]K~G

• Mary
    Mary Posts: 190
    Options
    Cat,
    Well said, Cat. Every one of these get togethers is tribute to Bill Miller, whether we state it or not. Because of him and the standards he set, this forum and the egg family is the nicest place on the net and in the real world.[p]Mary

• Unknown
    Options
    Brenda,
    Well said. I've nothing to add but my own resounding: Ditto! Thanks to you all for your appreciation; and, from me, for your patience with my slow learning curve on Web Master stuff. I can never hope to fill my father's shoes; but, I'll keep trying to keep up. Thanks again.
    WMK.

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    WebMasterKinder,[p]David, you're doing GREAT! We're all very grateful that you've taken this on.[p]Warm wishes to you & Brenda -[p]Cathy

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    WebMasterKinder,[p]Thank you for your efforts. My vote will always be for a webmaster that learns us. We all with be the benefactors. You are doing great.[p]Spin