Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermaworks Thermapen prices

Hokie Lover
Hokie Lover Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the standard price you have paid for one of these? TIA

Comments

• essentially whatever the price on their site is.

OR
    you can get a volume discount of a few dollars. some of us have gotten ours through 'mollyshark' (a forum member) who buys in bulk and passes the savings (but not the jelly beans!) to us
  • for less than $80. I was aware that there were some members that sell them but wasn't sure what the actual price they normally sell for.
  •  
    There isn't much of a discount on these. Thermoworks is the sole importer from England.

Discounts from them are dealer which I would guess is "turnkey", however the initial order has to be about $5k and can not be one single item, they want a cross product order. They are also somewhat wanting the dealer to be a company that in someway would be logically selling thermometers.

The other way to get a discount is to buy quantity of one item. Their website shows the quantity discount, however, talking with them there seems to be larger discounts available depending on quantity.

There were some pretty steep discounts on the older model Thermapen and some of those may still be available.

There were also some discounts on refurbished Thermapens, at one time almost 50% off. You might give Thermoworks a call and ask what's available and what discounts and or if there are any refurbished. They offer a full warranty on refurbished Thermapens.

Even at full retail they are will worth the price.

GG
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    Just ordered a reconditioned thermapen from thermoworks for $50 they had several colors to choose. I haven't received it yet so I'm not sure if its the older model or not but frankly it doesn't matter for 50 bucks..Give them a call
  •  
    That's a great price, I would expect it is the previous model.

GG
  • keep checking the web site... they frequently have sales.... i know... i always buy retail .... a couple of days later .... they are on sale
  •  
    I thought that was just me. :)

GG
  • EggieG
    EggieG Posts: 81
    I just ordered a refurb. Can't wait to get it.
    Thanks for mentioning the refurb option GG.
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    Just received the thermapen and it is the older one but boy it sure is fun...I think I now know the temperature of everything in my house..HeHe
  • I just ordered one as a gift, from "Mollyshark". It is a new one -for $85.00. Actually she referred me to her son, who is now selling them.

Just email her through the forum.
  • if you think that's fun.... get one of the infra red models that are on sale.... you'll never be the same! lol