Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TLC Pitmasters

Options
Seidegger
Seidegger Posts: 73
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone else watching the pitmasters show on TLC? Myron is the man!

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Myron is that you??
  • Woody69
    Woody69 Posts: 360
    Options
    Celtic Wolf wrote:
    Myron is that you??

Lol....sounds like him.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Does, doesn't it?

I didn't watch - didn't even know it was on. Watched episode 1 and that was enough. Myron defines arrogance.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    There are folks here on the Forum as arrogant as him. He's not that bad.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Wow! Whatever you think!! :blink:
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    To be fair, a number of posters here have said they've run into him at competitions and he's nothing like what TLC's made him out to be. I think they believe that it's just not good TV if there's not some controversy or tension.

Then again, as Dizzy Dean said, it ain't braggin' if ya done it.
  • Hokie Lover
    Options
    It has to be the production. I don't know why the other contestants would have anything to do with him if he was always like that.

My wife went to high school with a guy that has worked with Ms Whippen and he said that she is as nice as could be. It comes across, imho, on the show.
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    I agree, she seems like a tough competitor and a sweet lady. The fact that she and most of the other show competitors respect Mixon and were even applauding him winning the Mesquite competition tells me his trash-talk and attitude are 100% for the cameras. I think it's a sad statement about TLC's view of the viewing public that they feel the need to inject such disagreeable element as that, instead of letting friendly competitors compete.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,766
    Options
    im not so wishy washy/ lovey dovey :laugh: if your competing at that high a level, you have to be cocky, you best believe your que is the best or you dont belong there. :laugh: you should see me and my friends fishing on a river if you want to see cockyness at its finest. when im in the groove and catching fish and someone asks what fly im using, ill actually cut it off the line and give it to him :laugh: :laugh: favorite saying on the river is,... it aint the arrow, its the indian ;) that back and forth banter keeps everyone on their toes fishing their best for the week, its not necessarily a bad thing
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it