Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Covers.. Regular or Vented?

ChefAl
ChefAl Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am wanting to get a cover for my new toy. Should I go for the vented or regular? Opinions?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Being in Vegas I don't think humidity will be your problem but...The vented cover is made with much better material and looks like it would last longer. Here in Florida where we often have 90-95% humidity the vented is much better. I have both and I would spend the extra money and get the vented. In your case I think it would be a matter of personal preference. If cost is not an issue I would lean towards the vented. See if your dealer will let you take them out of the package and then decide. :)
  • I have the vented cover and though it lets in some rain, it also probably dissipates a little heat so it's more forgiving when you put it on a still warm Egg.
  • This cover is made from same material as the marine industry uses.It 's not vinyl and it breathes.No Vent needed.
    It's made by cover works.It fits like a glove. You can find him on the nakedwhiz site.Comes with a warranty
    P1010075-1.jpg
    P1010072-2.jpg
  • I bought the vented cover, because that was the only cover my dealer had when I got my LBGE. I am glad I did because I am able to put the cover on as soon as the cook is over, without waiting for a cooldown. This feature really came into play this past weekend with all of the rain we had in New Orleans. I was able to put the cover on as soon as I finished cooking Sunday evening. I have not seen or examined any other cover, but the vented one appears to be of good quality and seems to be holding up well, although I have not been through the "cold" weather yet. :laugh:
  • ChefAl
    ChefAl Posts: 66
    Hmm, I am starting to wonder if, since I am in Las Vegas, if I even really need a cover?

It doesn't rain much here anyway... are there any parts that rust if it does get wet?