Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Salmon!!!

Options
AZ Geoff
AZ Geoff Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tried the dijon bourbon sauce salmon tonite on the Egg. It was fabulous!! Best salmon any of us had ever had!!

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    AZ Geoff,
    Yes, that is one of my favorite recipe's. (Thanks to Gretl)
    My neighbors can't get enough of it and that includes one great little guy of about 3 years old. Damn, he makes me proud of my cooking. LOL [p]Now,
    I usually use Rum in place of the bourbon but it's a matter of taste and connivance. ( I use more rum then bourbon)[p]Cheers,
    New Bob

• AZ Geoff
    Options
    New Bob,
    Great idea!! I used my rum in a glass with some coke and ice cubes while I cooked!! Next time I will try it on the salmon.
    Do you use light or dark rum?? Thanks for the idea!!

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 295
    Options
    AZ Geoff,
    Sounds good, have you tried cooking on a cedar plank? We've done it twice lately with great result's.
    Mark

• Love Handles
    Options
    AZ Geoff,
    I soak my salmon fillets (with skin on) in rum for about 1/2 hr, then cover them completely with a mixture of brown sugar and kosher salt for about 4 hrs. Cook on raised grille direct for aboutr 45 minutes. When you take the salmon out of the sugar & salt mixture, try to leave just a little of the mixture on them and not rinse it all off. Are you from Arizona, if so what part. I'm from Lake Havasu--See-Yaa

• AZ Geoff
    Options
    LoveHandles,
    I'm in Phoenix. Enjoying the cool weather - dreading the upcoming summer!!!

• AZ Geoff
    Options
    Mark,
    Thanks for the tip - will try it soon!!

• Bordello
    Options
    AZ Geoff,
    Bacardi Gold, I buy it in the large (1.75L) bottle so I have enough for cooking and a little for myself. [p]Cheers,
    New Bob

• Bordello
    Options
    LoveHandles,
    Damn,
    I have to jump back in. I'm about 30 miles east of Sky Harbor Airport. (Phoenix)[p]I'm in Gold Canyon, just past Apache Junction to be exact.[p]Now,
    I am a sick-0 [p]Can't wait for the triple digits to arrive, I'm freezing my A$$ off. Have my thermostat set to 74° and I'm still not warm. When I was looking to buy here I stayed with a friend that keeps her thermostat set at 80° all year round. LOL[p]Regards,
    New Bob
    with the heater running. ÜÜÜ

• Love Handles
    Options
    AZ Geoff,
    Well, I guess we're all pretty close to each other. I go to Phoenix a few times a year to watch the Lakers and Rams when they come to town.Do you guys have any stores over there that sell Eggs or Egg stuff? I usually get my accessories and such at BBQ's Galore in Vegas or Southern Calif. And don't you guys think its interesting reading about the forum members that have trouble with their eggs freezing up in the winter? I always tell them how hard it is to keep the temp down in the eggs around here when the summer comes. You can almost slow cook, without even lighting the lump in the summer. See-Yaa

• AZ Geoff
    Options
    LoveHandles,
    I got my Egg for my Birthday 2 years ago. My wife got it at BBQs Galore in Phoenix. At that time, I also got some accessories there too. I have not been back there recently - so I don,t know how much stuff they still carry. I get my lump at Walmart or Lowes. I don't kmnow if anyone else in Phoenix sells BGE stuff!![p]It is great not to worry about frozen lids and gaskets!!!
    We just worry about leaving metal utensils in the sun!!!!!!!