Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flip video

Options
Susan Egglaine
Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Mom wants one for Christmas. Does anyone have one? Where did you get it? What do I need to look for?
Thanks!

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Susan, I used a Flip to capture all the videos I took on our Alaska trip.

I paid $79 for mine on Woot.com. They occasionally come back up on Woot but you can go to Flip's site and see all that's available. I had the Flip Ultra. They now have HD versions.

I highly recommend the Flip for the average picture-taker.

Want to see some of my movies go to to my blog site and scroll down to where the links are.

http://texasspringchicken.blogspot.com/

Get yourself one too.

Spring "Flip Flapper" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Lei'd-n-Egg
    Options
    Susan, for what its worth, I won a new Flip Ultra HD at a conference and have been very impressed. It takes suprisingly good video and audio and its pocket sized.

Can't say I did a lot of research on the Flip or its competition, but I know we use the video camera a lot more than the larger/traditional model we have because its easy to carry with our regular camera.

I think I saw Amazon advertising a sale price of $149 for the HD version.

Good Luck,
    Bryan
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Following Leroy's recommendation I bought one for $69 from WOOT and am amazed at it. I am a bit shaky some times so I made this wrist support for stability sake. I'm sure the HD will be even much better!
    IMG_0311.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Giving youngest daughter the Ultra HD one for a Christmas present. Brought and additional battery for her but there is not a dedicated external battery charger offered by Flip. So I guess a 2nd battery has to be charged in the camera.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    ahhh, the price of upgrades...my FLIP is still powered by the original 2 common AA batteries.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Waterscapes
    Options
    Very interesting device for shaking. We love our Flip