Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I’ve done it now

Options
Butch M
Butch M Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I have bragged one time to many about how great pulled pork is when cooked on the Egg. Now my boss wants me to cook a couple for our next meeting. No problem, except, I live 9 hours away from the meeting location.[p]What is the best way to get the pork there and still have it tasting Great? I was thinking about cooking it a day or two before, pulling it, then sealing it in a Food Saver bag and freezing. Let thaw on the way and heat the bag in boiling water. Would this work or do you have suggestion on the best way to get it there.[p]Thank you so much.[p]Butch M

Comments

• Ohio Boy in DC
    Options
    Butch M,
    On super bowl sunday I wrapped the butts in foil and towells and put them in a cooler for 5 hours....[p]they were still pretty hot to the touch...[p]Alternatively, just put them in good ziploc bags that are microwaveable and store the pulled pork on ice until you get there...pour in a little vinegar sauce and zap it in the Microwave for a minute, shake the bag, repeat 2 or 3 times to warm up....[p]Enjoy!

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    The foodsaver method will work just fine and is probably your best bet. You could probably keep them warm with the cooler method, but 9 hours is pushing it and I wouldn't risk it. Foodsavered BBQ tastes pretty much like it came right off the Egg and you will impress your boss![p]Jim
  • Smokin Joe
    Options
    Butch M, Hey, you can never brag enough about your own pulled pork... LOL Joe
  • Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    Butch M,
    Bagged and nuked or boiled sounds safest. If you REALLY want to score big points, get a bottle or two of Happy Pappy sauce from Ken Stone (BlueSmoke) to finish it off. Wonderful flavor.
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• Butch M,[p]I have to confirm your foodsaver option. I have friends in Houston that I have overnighted pulled pork to a couple of times. -I live in North Carolina. I vaccuum seal it (foodsaver), then pack it in ice-gel packs and ship it. You really don't even have to freeze it unless your cook day is more than 48hrs prior. -That could make your prep a little smoother when you get there.[p]Ken