Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crabby Crabcakes

Options
La. Redneck
La. Redneck Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, the rain has finally stopped.(At least for a few hours.)
My wife wanted crabcakes and coleslaw. I spent the morning preparing the crabcake mixture and coleslaw. After letting it set for 1 hour in the fridge it was time to cook. Cooked direct, Dome temp 350. 7 1/2 minutes both sides. Beautiful golden brown both sides. I loaded them on the platter, turned hit a puddle of water on the deck and slow motion began. I went down butt first, just in time for a front row seat to see the 4 perfectly golden brown crabcakes lift off the platter, flew into the sky. Gravity finally took hold and the crabcakes began their decent. Two landed on the deck. Two landed in the mud puddle just off the side of the deck. Then the platter landed on top of the two that had made their way to the deck just in time to slide off the deck and joined their mates in the mudd hole. Then the fun began. I had to go in the house and explain that I was not joking. I just dropped the cakes in the mudd. She was wonderful. She just wanted to go out and look where all this happened. She did enjoy the cole slaw and some chicken legs from a few days ago. Humm. Crabby Crabcakes.

Comments

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    La. Redneck,
    I don't know what the price of crabmeat is in your area, but for what we pay Up North, I would have eaten them right out of the mud! What an awful thing to have happened. Plus, you'll probably remember your nasty experience every time you sit down tomorrow.
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    La. Redneck,
    Aw man. I feel for you. Being a visual kinda guy, it is easy to get a real good clip by clip video in my mind from your story. So...did it happen in slow motion?[p]Glad you had some chicken legs. Like Gretl, I mighta been askin myself "just how clean is this mud?". Maybe you would have benefitted from a little extra fiber anyway. Dang.[p]Tomorrow will be a better day.
    Beers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    La. Redneck,
    I think I too would have tried to clean em up, depending on the mud, LOL, and tried to eat em. Glad to hear your wife has a sense of humor.[p]Better luck next time.[p]Regards,
    New Bob

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    La. Redneck, this was simply a final, and successful escape attempt by the crabs. They earned their freedom! My condolences,
    Scott[p]