Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Oysters & Ribs. MMMMMM

BBQ BOYBBQ BOY Posts: 56
edited 3:16PM in EggHead Forum
Had this earlier today
IMG_1747.jpg

And while we ate those I was smelling this
IMG_1740.jpg

And we ate this
IMG_1752.jpg

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 17,594
    What is the first thing, I understand the second and third things :laugh:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    LAWDAMERCY!!! :woohoo: B)
  • Tell me you did NOT steam them!

Please!
  • That is my oyster/crab/clam/boil cooker and yes I slightly steamed them.
  • Awesome looking ribs. Next time you have some oysters, I'd suggest this. http://www.nomenu.com/recipes/CharBroiledOysters.html

First time I had them I ordered a dozen for an appetizer, not sure what to follow it up with I ordered a dozen for my meal. Then I finished with another dozen for dessert. :woohoo:
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Ribs look great. To each his own but them oysters look awfull good ala natural with a little Tobassaco and a cracker! ;) Still looks like a good day indeed!
  • Mike i Abita. I will have to give those a try.
  • Now I am onto this.
    PC120047-1.jpg
  • I am with JL on the oysters but the are good almost any way. Good lookin ribs too. What kind of steamer is that?
  • For telling the truth (and quickly) I'll cut you some .......OK a lot of slack!! LOL

Next time
    crack them open and put them on the EGG aka...Drago's Style Butter - Parm Cheese - Garlic - Cracked Pepper - you know!
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Oysters are like whiskey,worst I ever tried was great!!! :blush:
  • Daggum, BBQ Boy. I say that all looks mighty fine. You earned that cigar.
  • Oysters are gifts from God, no matter how they are prepared, "fried, stewed, baked or nude", they are delicious. The egg will enhance the flavor of baked oysters..
  • Was in New Orleans for a meeting two weeks ago. Meeting ended early and we had some time to kill. Dragos is pretty much half way between downtown and the airport :laugh: so that's where we went. I don't even look at the menu anymore - charbroiled oysters or as some in New Orleans say ersters.

101_1559800x600.jpg

One of the first cooks on my egg - table wasn't even finished.
  • This is how we do it:

P7040719.jpg

But I really like them like this, too.

P7040749.jpg

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    We get our oysters out of the Homosassa river, mama's got the egg goin' when we get home. The one's that didn't get eaten on the ride in go straight to the hot grate. 5 minuts on 400-500 degrees, pop open, hot sauce, gone. Life dosen't get much better. :laugh: :laugh:
    Capt Frank
  • Care to share the recipe for the bottom photo. I luv em raw, but friends and family prefer a cooked oyster. I'm always looking for other methods to cook them.
  • Love the raw oyster, nothing better. It's like eating ocean. Nothing but Wellfleets out here. Can't get any better.
  • http://www.nomenu.com/recipes/CharBroiledOysters.html

I make these and add other cheeses and whatnot - just experiment with them.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!
  • That's funny. That's the same recipe I posted earlier in this thread. What different cheeses do you use.