Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Advice on reheating a pork shoulder

Borders
Borders Posts: 665
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a 4 pound shoulder frozen in a food saver bag. I've never reheated one and wonder what works best for you? Thanks, [p]Scott

Comments

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Borders,[p]I would break it into about 4 chunks, put it in a covered corningware or similar container, nuke it for a few minutes and then pull. I find heating it in chunks instead of pulled keeps it a little more moist. Easier is to pull cold and nuke it the same way, still good but a little dryer. If you break it into chunks and foodsaver seperately you can nuke or boil it in the bag, I just think the 4 pounder might be too big to do that way.[p]Chuck
  • Borders
    Chuck, For future reference, would you have cut it in 4 chunks before freezing?[p]Is boiling in the bag and nuking any different?[p]Scott

• Borders,[p]Boiling in the vac bag hould keep the meat more moist...[p]Jeff
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Borders,[p]When I do butts I almost always try to do extra for the freezer. I do break them into 3 or 4 pieces and foodsaver seperately. This gives me enough in each pack for several sandwiches and I can always reheat several packs if I need more. I prefer the microwave but I know others who like boiling, no right or wrong just a matter of preference.[p]Chuck
  • Borders,[p]I reheat them whole, on a regular basis. In fact when we cook them we usually put one in the frezzer for reheating. After thawing, I reheat it in the egg, about 275 indirect, one hour in foil, followed by one hour not in foil. Works great.[p]Larry
  • Borders
    Mr. Hyde, Thanks[p]