Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket results

Options
CampCook
CampCook Posts: 157
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Another victory for the egg. Our first brisket (from an earlier post) was excellent if just a bit too done. The flavors were outstanding. It went on last night before 11:00 and was already at 180 degrees by 5 am. I dropped the egg temp down to 200 and let it dwell until 10 am. The meat temp never changed. Then I raised the temp back to 250 and took it off at 195 internal at exactly noon. It as in the aluminum wrap until we ate at three. It got really genuine rave reviews but I knew it was just a little over done. I think my GURU temperature may be a little off and will check calibration prior to the next cook. But even with the extra time, the meat was moist and not a bit dried out. The egg makes masters out of enyone -- even beginners.
Also, while the brisket was resting I use the egg to cook some onions. These were slightly cored and filled with a pat of butter and a table spoon of maple syrup. Then, wrapped in Aluminum foil, they sat on the egg for two hours at about 300 degrees. This experiment also got rave reviews.

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    CampCook,
    Glad it was good, just wondering, how big was the brisket, was it a whole brisket or a flat???? Just trying to keep learning from the forum, all information is good. [p]Regards,
    New Bob
    Two pork Butts almost done, went on at 9:15 p.m. last night.

• CampCook
    CampCook Posts: 157
    Options
    New Bob,
    You and me both trying to learn and what a great place to do it. The brisket was a whole complete with a good fat layer. It weighed a bit over ten pounds. Had some left over for lunch. Excellent.