Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hello Egghead Forum

Options
2»

Comments

• Misippi Egger
    Options
    Been here about 13 years after moving away from the crime, etc. in Jackson.

Let me know if you ever come back through!
  • KCEGGER
    Options
    sounds good. i might do that. are there alot of eggheads in your area?
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    3 or so that I know of on the FOrum. Lots of others that cook on Eggs
  • eggineric
    Options
    I just notice there are side tables, a cover, and a large nest for sale on craigslist.com under kansas city. You could probably pick those up for cheap and take some time in finding a table. Just my opinion.

ee
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Hire a handy man who's out of work to build you one.
  • uglydog
    uglydog Posts: 256
    Options
    Welcome to the cult, Patrick. Some may even jokingly call it a religion. You have gotten some good answers to your questions. My list of gotta haves is: lump,platesetter, pizza stone, ash tool, thermopen, lump,meat, nest (unless you get a table early on), V-rack, lump, and a little more meat. The big advantage to this adventure you are embarking on is you probably won't make any mistakes that can't be eaten, and probably enjoyed. Your wife was really setting herself up for some great eating when she bought you the egg. A wise woman indeed. Post your progress and results, and remember we like pictures.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    The Kansas City BBQ Store
    11946 S. Strang Line Road
    Olathe KS US 66062
    913-782-5171

This one I have been in when visiting daughter in
    Overland Park. Not a hugh inventory of BGE items
    but tons of rubs & sauces.
    BTW, right next to Oklahomas Joe's!

You find more on the BGE website with the dealer locator.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap