Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Three Tier Racks Review??

East Cobb Eggy
East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was wondering if anyone has the new three tier racks available at the mothership.

3Tier_000.JPG

They look pretty cool, but would like to know how users have enjoyed them.

Greg

Comments

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I got one of these last July or August. It works fine,but since I got my adjustable rig, it's gathering dust.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Well send it to me buddy!! :laugh: :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • I love mine. I was about to purchase the Adj Rig and a guy said he had a brand new 3 tier in the box that he had never used and gave it to me. It has been a life saver for large party cooks. I'll use a small spacer between fire ring and a standard rack. Then I'll throw a pan or block on that for indirect which gives me the full 3 levels to cook on. I can do 9 racks of ribs at a time. I've also done wings and abts at the same time.
  • No, I have the old kind but I would like to know how you like the new one. I am considering buying the new one.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Maybe I will :woohoo: The 3-tier rack is ok for wings and stuff, but I prefer the adjustable rig. You can use it for low and slows and faster cooks. It's just more convenient for me to use.
  • smoky b
    smoky b Posts: 648
    is it pretty sturdy?
  • uglydog
    uglydog Posts: 256
    I have the three tier rack from BGE. It is sturdy and well built, definitely of BGE quality. My only gripe is the center post gets in the way of fully utilizing the grid space. I got it for a dinner when I needed to cook several chicken breasts, and it worked out fine. Later, I wanted to cook 2 pies at one time, and they wouldn.t fit due to the center post. For that reason, I think the adjustable rig would have been better, but I don't have one of dem (yet).(When I cooked the 2 pies, I just used the platesetter with the legs down; worked out OK).

Uglydog
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    been real happy with the adjustable rig and spider combo ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it