Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's that time of year

Options
Panhandle Smoker
Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
....Encourage you and yours to share....

When doing your Christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to this address. If we pass this on and everyone sends one card, think of how many cards these wonderful special people who have sacrificed so much would get.

A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue NW
Washington D.C. 20307-5001

Comments

• rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Great idea Eddie,count me in.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Rib Bones
    Options
    Love it...count me in too!
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Although that is a wonderful sentiment, Walter Reed will not accept any mail not addressed to a specific soldier, for fear that someone who intends harm would be the sender. It's a crazy world we live in.

Here is the snopes article.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/christmas/walterreed.asp

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Village Idiot
    Options
    There is a program, sponsored by the Red Cross, called Holiday for Heros. They take your cards, scan them for harmful substances, and read them before sending. The bad news is that Dec. 7 (yesterday) was the final day you could mail the cards. Something to think about for next year.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/christmas/soldiercards.asp

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Maybe I should have looked in to it a little closer. I just called Walter Reed Army Medical Center to verify and they do accept Mail to injured soldiers but the address I posted is wrong. The correct address is:

Holiday Mail for Heroes
    PO Box 5456
    Capital Heights Md. 20791

That article is a lot of baloney. I have been active duty military for over 22 years and we receive mail every year from people we do not know. This mail is always delivered to a military base by the U.S. Postal service. I went through the trouble to call Walter Reed to verify this information. The address I had was wrong but mail can be sent to recovering military members. I have found Snoops to be wrong on more than one occasion. They do mention the Holiday for heroes program in their article. ;)