Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First cook with new toy.

RobinsRobins Posts: 131
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey All,

I got the Lodge 3qt. combo cooker when I was in Erie,PA last week and this was my first cook with it.
BGECooks001.jpg
BGECooks004.jpg
BGECooks0092.jpg
BGECooks0142.jpg

Nothing special about the chili, but it was good.
Ground beef
Ground sausage
Red, Green, Yellow pepper
Onion
chili powder
salt and pepper

Paul
·

Comments

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,365
    Yummy!! Looks delish!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • RobinsRobins Posts: 131
    Thanks Cookin biker :)
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I LOVE the TOY!The chilli looks YUMMEE too! ;)
    ·
    Thanks Hoss,

I was back and forth on what to get this or the DO. I think I will get good use out of this.

Paul
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Looks VERY verasatile! :)
    ·
    Oh, you can do lot's with that!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    ·
    Any suggestions would be appreciated :blush:

I'm new to all this!
    ·
    You have mail. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    ·
    Thanks Molly, I appreciate all the help :)
    ·
  • I think your skillet will have to be reseasoned. The acid in the tomatoes and chilis breaks down the seasoning. Looks tasty though.
    ·
  • BHE1BHE1 Posts: 205
    What we're you doing in Erie, PA????? That's my home town!!! I'll be there in a couple of weeks.

Nice cook by the way!!
    ·
    BHE1,

My wife wanted to do some shoping.

Paul
    ·
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Did you notice any metallic like taste in your chili? I always do if I cook tomatoes in cast iron. I pretty much cook in ceramic coated cast iron now if Im cooking anything with tomatoes. Happy egging.
    ·
    Rolling Egg,

I didnt taste anything like that. Why would tomatoes pick up that and nothing else would?

Paul
    ·
    Acidic levels in tomatoes.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    ·
    I see, So a enameled pot would be the better choice for a dish with lots of tomatoes then.

Thanks

Paul
    ·
  • Very nice. Looks like a great piece of equiptment
    ·
  • Paul,

Lot's of people do chili and other tomato based dishes in cast iron. Just re-season after a long cook.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·