Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need crab cake sauce

Options
usa doug
usa doug Posts: 96
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need a recipe for a good sauce to use with crab cakes. Something that I can dribble across the cakes for presentation. Does anyone have one to share?[p]Thanks,
usa doug

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    usadoug,
    Not sure how I did it with my brain cell short circuiting problem, but I actually remembered a thread about this on Basso's forum. Dug through my recipes and found the Remoulade Sauce that Q-Scoop posted. It looks food so I printed it out. A little minor investigative work and I found the thread in the archives. (link below)[p]Crab cakes are killer. Can't wait for the season up here in the Cheseapeake region. Hope you are well, dude.
    Beers!
    Chris

[ul][li]Ideas on Ray's forum[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    usadoug,
    I too serve up crabcakes with remoulade

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    usadoug,
    I like tartar sauce on crab cakes....Here is a simple recipe I found.
    Larry[p]Subject: Re: Tartar Sauce[p]This is my favorite tartar sauce recipe, it is good with fried oyster sandwiches (my personal fav)[p]1 1/4 C. mayo (Best Foods) 1/3 C. finely chopped dill pickles 1/4 C. chopped green olives (w/pimento) 1/2 small onion, minced 1 T. capers, chopped 1 small jalapeno pepper. minced (seeded if you don't like it too hot) 1 T. lemon juice salt/pepper to taste 1/2 t. sugar Mix and refrigerate.[p]I have used cayenne pepper to replace the jalapeno.

• Grillin' Bill
    Options
    usadoug,
    I mix the following ingredients:
    Mayonaise
    Sweet pickle relish
    Sweet onion chopped fine
    Fresh lemon juice
    Chopped capers
    Mustard or dry mustard
    Creole seasoning
    Salt
    Pepper[p]One time I added a little hot sauce.
    Mix to you get the taste you want because I don't know proportions.[p]Have used on crabcakes and fried fish. If you haven't tried fish sauted in coconut oil 1-2 Tabs in nonstick skillet give it a try. Crab cakes sauteed in coconut oil is great to.[p]grillin Bill

• usa doug
    Options
    usadoug,
    Thanks for the recipes. As soon as I save up money to buy some lump crab meat, I will give it a try.[p]Doug