Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

JSlot's Ribs

Options
Squeeze
Squeeze Posts: 717
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
LinkPhoto?GUID=1dbf7f31-4a04-414a-2365-58ee40d5260a&size=lg
<p />WEll, the ribs were a success. Did 12 lbs of them and had rave reviews. Got some in the foodsaver bags for some late night snacks.
Kevin Jacques
The University of Que L.L.C. ®
Killen, AL
www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Squeeze,
    Good going, that's one cook I have to keep working on, those look great.[p]New Bob

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]Great job, Kevin! Those look yummy...[p]Tonia
    :~)

• Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    Squeeze, the ribs look great. Can you or anyone else post the recipe? JSlot referred me to "Wise One's Cookbook" on Naked Whiz's website, but I keep getting an error message saying the PDF file is damaged and can't be repaired.[p]

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    BamaBob,
    GOt the POrk Spare Ribs at Sam's Club, a 12lb pack that was cryovaced. Pulled the membrane off (very important), and trimmed the chine off. Apply a generous coat of cheap yellow mustard then the rub of your choice (I used the last of my Buttrub brand-next time will use dizzy pigg as the buttrub was a bit too salty) I got my fire going, put an inverted platesetter in and brought the temp up to 325. I put a disposable aluminum pan on the platesetter and the grate on top. Threw in some apple wood chips that were soaked in water. put the ribs on and let the m sit undisturbed for about 2 hours. I did prepare the ribs the night before and it made for some nice bark on them. I had a nice pink smoke ring on the ribs. They were pretty good. Hope this helps a bit. It is not exact but the general idea.

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    Squeeze, thanks for the info. It certainly sounds faster and easier than the 3-2-1 method. Of course the easiest method would have been to hop in the car and ride around Florence until I smelled the ribs cooking on your Egg... the ole uninvited guest ploy;)

• BamaBob,
    I am in Huntsville and would have gladly driven over for a rib or two -- looks good

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Glad they turned out well for you, Kevin.[p]Jim
  • Chainsmoker
    Options
    Squeeze,
    what is the chine?
    Ryan

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Kevin is refering to the flap of meat out past the rib tips or knuckles. Sometimes there is still a piece of the brisket bone attached to it. Chine is actually not the correct term as it appears in my original recipe. The updated version has the correct terminology. It is called the brisket flap, or just the flap.[p]Jim