Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dry-Aged, Prime Beef

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
FYI, for V-Day and for the first time ever, I ordered a 20 oz., dry-aged prime ribeye from mybutcher.com. Last night I Egged it using the TRex method, then my wife and I ate it. This steak was absolutely outstanding. We both agreed that it was probably THE best piece of beef we've ever eaten. Of course, grilling it on the Egg helped make it the best. It was not cheap by any means, but worth every penny, IMO. It would have cost us a lot more to have gone out to a fine restaurant, and even then I doubt we'd have eaten nearly as well. From what I've now tasted, the food critics are right about dry-aged prime beef being better than its wet-aged counterpart, which is what you will get from most mail order places or websites and in most good steak houses.

Comments