Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More E2K

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to add a bit more to my prior posts about E2K (an event whos past tense has apparently become "Heeee2K" due to the great amount of fun everyone had). Got the chance to meet many people with whom I've been fortunate enough to communicate on this great forum for the past year. I started out with a pulled pork sandwhich for breakfast courtesy of MikeO. First time this NJ resident has ever tried authentic pulled pork (the only other pp I ever had was some stuff at some local (bad) BBQ restaurants). MikeO's put 'em all to shame! NB cooked up a storm. I had his Nature Brisket, GM Ribs, and yes, the infamous Squid!!! Everything was great, but I have to admit I liked the squid the best! JimW made some ribs that were to die for, and Mary made some oh so delicious bread that did a good job of sopping up some of the many homebrews I enjoyed. BBQfan1 and Jobu each made amazing wings, and ST and I already used the Anchor bar sauce along with the BGE gourmet seasoning for some smokey hot wings of our own for our PostHeee2K cookout. Cat made these ribs that had, IMHO, the best balanced smoke flavor of any rib I'd ever had plus this meatloaf that was so juicy, so smokey, so tasty, and was complemented with a nicely balanced side sauce. TimM made pork tenderloins that he downplayed because he said they were so easy to cook but that tasted so amazingly good that I'm inspired to do one as my next cook (later this week...nice job, TimM). Mr Toad made some awesome pork loin, ST made some delicious sausages (I helped very little with the flipping and temp stuff...I was around mostly for atmosphere...ST was the mastermind behind it all). The homebrews created by ST and I came out pretty nicely, IMHO. I think the pale ale could have used a little more hoppy bite and the stout could have used a little more body and had some inconsistencies with carbonation, but overall both were very good. I can personally attest to this fact since I enjoyed many of each![p]Overall, the thing I'll most remember is the great conversations I had with some folks from the forum. While I regret not getting to try any of Spin's pizza, I'm much more happy that I was able to converse with him at the hotel bar after E2K and learn much about the finer points of BGE temp control on the Small for lo and slo plus learn more about his great personality in general. Also, I had some extensive conversations with Jim from Atlanta, BBQfan1, Jobu, MollyShark, TimM, and many many more and I have to say, everyone had such great personalities and were so nice to talk to. I apologize for leaving people out and I realize that by metioning names I'm opening myself up to the probability of forgetting to mention people but I thought I'd just give some examples.[p]The last thing I'll mention that was really neat was just how fast the "vultures" were to gobble up the tasty treats at Heee2K. I have this great image of watching cat cutting her ribs. Each time the knife made it through and freed up a new rib, it would be grabbed by a hungry egger before she could start cutting the next one (trust me, the ribs were that good!). This phenomena happened many times on Saturday as people sampled some of the awesome creations.[p]Anyway, I gotta stop this long winded post. I have a 10 page term paper on improving the performance of direct mapped caches through items like victim caching and stream buffers that I've scarcely started and that's due tomorrow (I chose E2K over an E2-A on this paper...hopefully I can still pull a B). Any caching Eggsperts out there?[p]Hopefully, I'll see everyone again soon!
Cornfed

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Cornfed,
    You use tha thingamabobber for the dickyhoo on wheelamajiggy for the whatchamacllit and whosywhatsit.[p]That ought to about do it.[p]RhumAndJerk[p]

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]That's it! Just as I suspected! I was busy struggling with the pickle-matrix when I should have been thinking of the wheelamajiggy all along![p]Enough procrastinating...my last post alone could have taken up 2 of the 10 pages by itself with its great length...[p]Doing "Cache" but thinking "Wings,"
    Cornfed