Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

wicked good lump

Options
Tennisbum
Tennisbum Posts: 228
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
this is to all of you that have had Wicked Good shipped in. Today I got 2 bags of BGE lump and the price has gone up about $6 since my last purchase to $29 per bag.
That is getting a bit rich for my blood. So I took a look at the WG site and can get three bags shipped in.
My question is do they ship them so that the get to you in good shape?
thanks for the help
gp

Comments

• RU Eggsperienced
    Options
    I did that a couple years ago and there was a bit of lump dust on the bag. The lump was in good shape though.

Just got bought a pallet of WG and split it with some friends. Got it yesterday. If you use alot of lump that's a really good deal.
  • Tennisbum
    Options
    thanks for the reply. Think a pallet might be a bit much for me.
    gp
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I love the stuff. Have not had it shipped to me though, so I can't answer your question. I bought one bag locally and I liked it, so I drove to their nearby Distribution Center to buy a bunch. Based only on the two bags I have so far used, I do have to say that the pics on the Whiz's review site are NOTHING like what I have seen, The bags I have used have had virtually no dust and very few small pieces. In fact, many are the size of a grapefruit! And just enough smaller pieces to make it easy to light too.

Shipping a pallet to a dealer or to the Distribution Center may be different than shipping a carton of 2-3 bags to an individual, but if I didn't live so close to the DC, I would have no reservations about ordering some that way. You could always write to Lee Ann (wickedgood at psouth dot net) and ask what their experience has been. But it seems to me that if they got too many complaints, they would either fix it or stop selling it that way.

Finally, yesterday morning, I filled my egg with fresh WG (to the top of the fire box) for my butt cook. Nothing fancy, just dumped it out of the bag. I don't have a pic of that, but below is what was left after about 14 hours. I stirred it to get rid of the ash before I took the pic, so this is really what was left after an all day 250* cook. Some of the pieces are still huge!

4157011588_23e635f49f_b.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Good info.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Options
    Wish we could get here in Southern Calif. I was going to ask a customer pick some up at EGGS by the BAY but he is open on the week end and appointment only during the week.

Any way to get it here in So. Calif. ?

Gary
    Canoga Park, Ca.
  • Tennisbum
    Options
    Hey thanks all for the information. I will definitely order some when I use up this "GOLD" stuff I got from my BGE distributor. For those of you that asked you can go to the Wicked Good web site and order direct from them. good luck
    gp
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Wicked Good Charcoal has shipped me samples of product as well as just plain product for a number of years now. I've even had samples of product shipped to me from South America direct from the producer. All has arrived in good shape. I'm firmly of the opinion that barring any sort of unusual catastrophic event along the way, the condition of the charcoal depends more on how well it was screened at the factory than on the shipping method. I'd have no hesitation purchasing from WGC either by the pallet or by the bag. Good luck!
    The Naked Whiz
  • MJF24
    MJF24 Posts: 146
    Options
    I've had WG shipped to my house a number of times. They stick the three bags of WG in a box and ship it (no padding or anything). It arrives in great shape.

I've never bought it any other way, so I can't compare anything for you, like whether there is more dust in the bag. But I can say that I've been very pleased with it.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    For those of you paying attention, I just corrected an error in my post above and wanted to point it out here. I originally stated that I filled the egg to the top of the fire RING for my all day cook. I did not. It was to the top of the fire BOX only. A significant difference in consumption!

My apologies.

4157011588_23e635f49f_b.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut