Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need to know how to cook Prime Rib

Options
markthewood
markthewood Posts: 36
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Need to know temps, approximate time per lb. and any other tips you've got...
Need help fast!!![p]THanks fellow eggers!!!

Comments

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    markthewood,
    Here's how I did mine at Christmas. It was 10.5 pounds; I let age 3 days in the fridge, then seasoned the night before. I set up egg for “low and slow” cook; started and let stabilize at 300 for 2 hours. I cooked indirect at 300 for 3 1/2 hours.
    Best I've ever cooked. Hope that helps. But others will give you more options/choices.

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    prime2.jpg
    <p />markthewood,[p]Here's how I do mine. Good luck![p]TRex
    [ul][li]Prime Rib[/ul]
  • Smokin Joe
    Options
    markthewood, I just did a 7 lb prime rib tonight and it was the best I ever cooked. Set up indirect, stabilized at 320. Seasoned with fresh ground black pepper, ground garlic powder & ground onion powder a few minutes before it went on the egg. Cooked it for 3 hours & 45 mins to an internal temp of 125*. Pulled it off, wrapped in foil and waited 15 mins. Cut the rib bones away and sliced into five lushous pieces. It was excellent!!! Served with loaded twice baked potatoes and asparagus. A nice cote de rhone and we were lovin it. Awesome baby!!! Joe

• BucsFanJim
    Options
    markthewood,
    Below is a link to my recipe, it was originally for a Weber Kettle <hack, cough> prior to my BGE initiation but the preparation is the key with this one.
    After reviewing the recipe and the way I used to do this on the Weber... I had to laugh at my comments about checking the heat every 15 minutes etc.

[ul][li]5 star Prime Rib[/ul]