Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New family members !

Options
BenCour
BenCour Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought my large last June and here I am now, 5 months later, with 3 eggs. I just bought a mini and small.

Here are a pictures of the new additions.
IMG_8132.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality but here is a picture of my mini doing is job while the small and large rest in the back.
IMG_8137.jpg

I already cooked a ribeye on the Mini and some quails on the small. All of course came out very good.

I think my familly is completed now, no more eggs on the whishlist.

BTW, Is it me or temperature control is a bit harder on the mini?

Cheers,

Ben

Comments

• crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Let me say...I'm jealous...still sitting here with only my large....I really need a small too....and maybe a mini, looks like fun
  • Rib Fan
    Rib Fan Posts: 305
    Options
    Ben congrats!!! I dont know why eggactly...but I love my small the best. Think it has to do with its mobility and cooking ability. Now I dont have a mini.....yet.....

Wayne
  • BenCour
    Options
    The only thing I was missing from my gasser is the second pit to cook different things at different temps. It looks like my problem is solve now, I guess the gasser will retire soon ;)

Ben
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Congrats!!! I have large, med and mini. Mini is very different. New learning curve is all ;) Enjoy!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • BenCour
    Options
    Thanks Wayne,

I really do think that I will love my small too for those cook where you don't need all the extra space.

Ben
  • BenCour
    Options
    Thanks Molly,

That's what I tought about the Mini. Well I guess I have no choice but to practice on the mini now B)

Ben
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    I love the mini,and it is a grilling machine!!It has little man complex wants to show you how hot it can get.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    You are so right about that Dale!! :laugh: :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Nice looking family B)
    Your kids look like mine. Only yours do not need a bath :ohmy:
    IMG_0924.jpg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Again...same, but different :laugh:
    004c511e.jpg
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Adam every 3 years we get a snow that sticks for 2 days. We have about 8 real days of winter (sans snow).
    How do you do it :blink: :ohmy:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    C'mon up in February and I'll show ya ;)
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    B) very sweet! and just in time for some heavy duty exercise to get back in shape :lol:
    Enjoy -- but then didn't really need to say that :blush: How about Cheers to you and your new "little ones" :)
  • Congratulations on your new additions.

I'm tempted to pick up a mini myself.

Our families would look the same too!

Michael
  • Sooner Egg
    Options
    Congrats.....I have a large & small, the mini is on my Christmas list :P