Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best place to buy in Houston

Options
sydphill
sydphill Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a large...want to add a small. Anyone have an idea the best place to buy in Houston?

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Yep. Bering's Hardware has a store-wide Christmas sale going on (doesn't matter what you buy). Ask them for their discount card when you go in. Last week, I bought a Large BGE. Retail price = $749. BUT, if you spend more than $500, you get a $100 discount, and if you spend more than $250, you get a $50 discount. So, my large cost $750 - $100 - $50 --- $600. Sale is over on Dec. 24.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    A lot depends on where you live in Houston. It's a big place.

If you are south of Houston, Chim-Chimney's in League City is good.

If you are north of town John Henry's Spices is good. Or if you are up in the Northwest, Texsun Pools.

The best way to look up a dealer is to go here and type in your zip code.

http://www.biggreenegg.com/index.html

It's best if you try to deal with your local dealer. Develope a relationship by buying your lump and accessories from them and if there should ever be a warranty issue they will be more than happy to assist you.

Ace Hardware in the Woodlands is now a dealer but I've never visited their store. I'm sure they are nice people too.

Spring "Drumming Up Egg Business" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • sydphill
    Options
    Thanks to both Village Idiot and Spring Chicken. I bought my large at bbq' galore....apparently they closed the Westheimer store. I live on the West side. I was in Bering's last week... and I do have the coupon. They have a large and a medium display...I almost bought the medium but decided to think about it a while. If anyone is interested...there was a large (brand new) on Craig's list just recently for $750 including the shelfs and the nest.
  • Dust9000
    Options
    berings. bought this summer with a 20% off coupon. sale going on now as stated above.
  • skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    Options
    If you live on the West side then it may not make sense but Chim-Chimneys in League City is fantastic. Two anecdotes:

1. I entered the store determined to buy an XL. After asking some questions they recommended the Large instead and told me to ask on the forum to get other opinions (I had never been on the forum). They did this even though the XL is more expensive and they had one in stock. They had just sold their last Large and were awaiting inventory. However, they wanted what best suited my needs.

2. They have twice come to my house to replace a gasket and not charged for parts or labor.

Brad, Brenda and the gang are great people to do business with!

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • GoonSlapper
    Options
    Thanks for the info on the other locations. I bought my large BGE in the spring, and just decided to add accessories to it. My local dealer, TexSun, is not getting too much inventory on the egg. They are saying that the Big Green Egg (I think the company) will only make bulk deliveries. So, if TexSun runs out of a particular accessory, they have to wait until their entire stock is low to get a truck full of items, since they have a small store.

But, I'll check out other locations.

I have a pizza ceramic, but I was going to buy a platesetter. Fortunately, I found out about the spider and the woospider from this forum and just purchased from cermic grill store.