Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

remodel in a weekend

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,740
edited November -1 in Off Topic
got to love watching those guys on tv gut and redo a bathroom in a weekend, heres 3 weekends so far. :laugh: :laugh: who they kidding.
rerouted the heating system, piped a new shower in the attic for "temporary" use :whistle: , replumped the thrown and roughed in the shower, new lights, going to add more, insulated ceiling, removeded the flooring. still looks like nothings been done except the mess, that i did well. :laugh:

DSC_0077.jpg

any idea what the subfloor is, looks like redwood with porcelin insulators fitted into it, maybe something from the phone company back in the forties when the floor was installed?

DSC_0081.jpg

moved the shower plunbing, just needs the walls to go around it :laugh:

DSC_0084.jpg

definatly needs more lights or maybe its the dark color of the origional varnishd walls

DSC_0085.jpg

heres the part im good at, the mess :whistle:

DSC_0086-1.jpg

hopefully posting this and seeing the vanity and shower pan sitting in the living area spurs me on to finish this before the fishing season starts :laugh: :ermm:
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    I know the feeling It took me three days just to demo and it is a small bathroom. If everything comes together It should only take me two weeks to get it back together. The new vanity toilet, sink, tile and fixtures are sitting in the front room ready to be installed after the sheet rock guys get finished. It is official I no longer have pop corn ceilings. :woohoo:
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    my styrofoam suspension ceiling was a breeze to take down :laugh: i dont see mine done in two weeks :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    Hang in there,it will get done. One thing though, I would re-install that shower pan, won't drain very well that way :laugh:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Don't rush things. Fishing comes first, the bathroom will get done sometime.

GG
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Fishless - have done several remodels and it seems like there are some rules/laws that come into play one every remodel. :huh:

> There are always hidden surprises
    > A simple faucet replacement takes 3 trips to the hardware store, therefore, a remodel takes 197 trips
    > Each day goals are established and 25% of them are achieved
    > Schedule performance 4:1
    > Productivity Actual man-hours/Estimated man-hours = 4.0
    > Law - More paint will end up on you than the target
    > Allowed - You can go to pre-confession for all the wordy dirts that will be used

The guys on TV - Actors that probably know what they are doing but there has to be a crew just off camera twiddling their thumbs waiting for the actors to get out of the way so they can get the job done. :laugh:

Among other things the benefits are:
    > Learning to something new
    > Overcoming obstacles
    > Knowing the job is done right
    > Personal satisfaction for a job well done