Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wireless Report - It Works!

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I used my new wireless thermometer for the first time - first let me say that the regular probe would have also done exactly the same thing - tell me the internal temperature.[p]The wireless is a little more complicated and for us old folks definitely requires reading glasses - I would go for a few less options and larger icons.[p]Now the good part - once the BGE was stabilized at 350 degrees dome - I had a glass of wine, watched the CNN business news, and sat in my chair – when the internal temp read 170 degrees (mustard marinated chicken) I walked out to the deck and sure enough – the polder read the same! Chicken was done – I also did kind of miss walking out in the cold every so often to check the polder.

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    nutone2.jpg
    <p />Gfw,
    Ditto on the larger icons. To set the alarm I have to slip on the old reading glasses. Its neat to be able to glance occasionally at the displayed temp (on the display that you can carry around the house with you) makes it a neat Egg tool. Not a needed Egg tool but one that will come in handy.[p]Tim