Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BEERCAN TURKEY VIDEO

Options
SmokinGuitarPlayer
SmokinGuitarPlayer Posts: 698
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally got around to finishing a video that I actually filmed over the summer .... BeerCan Turkey roasted on the Egg ... It's "up" on youtube or my site. A little late but hey ..we've been busy :laugh:
Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 

Comments

• fred, great video!!! .....i thought the beer can bird we did that day at your place, with the tasty licks turkey rub was the second best turkey of the day (you know which one was the best .hheeeeee) ...those beer can birds really came out moist, and that turkey holder you sell works really well . ... so does that turkey 'cannon'. ...but i'm still not sure how to mkae it work it in a large egg. ...probably works great in XL though. .. .

good stuff!!
  • Signal 99
    Options
    Fred, it was good to finally meet you this past week-end. Impressed with all the stuff you have in stock. Hope your Mom enjoyed the bread. :)

Doug
    ~HOPE~ is wishing something would happen. ~FAITH~ is believing something will happen. ~COURAGE~ is making something happen......
  • SmokinGuitarPlayer
    Options
    Max .... re: The Turkey Cannon - I originally "sourced" and started carrying it with the XL in mind ..to be able to do a "beercan-style" turkey on the XL without running into the "low dome" problem .. it works great on the XL ... people tell me they are using them on the large but I need to get a turkey (maybe today !?) and actually try to stuff one in there. I'll post a pic if I do it.
  • SmokinGuitarPlayer
    Options
    Hey ...there you are! Thanks making the "pilgrimage" and visiting our store. (I forget exactly where you drove from but somewhere in New England?) That being said.. for everybody that is in the area today (Nov 28, 2009) we're baking and demo'ing Artisan bread and Pizza Napoletana on the Egg live out front of the store!