Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Turkey Smackdown!

WanabeWanabe Posts: 355
edited 7:24AM in EggHead Forum
This should be tasty and fun today. Our friends Tom and Dorothy invited us over for Thanksgiving dinner. Tom wanted to cook a turkey and so did I. We decided to do two 16 lbs birds. I am doing mine on the BGE Mad Max Style. Tom’s is traditional oven style.

T&D have also invited another couple from our area and my wife’s cousin Tom from Tucson. Our turkey just went on the LG at 10am. I’ll let you know how it all shakes out.

smackdownturkey.jpg

Comments

• WanabeWanabe Posts: 355
    I forgot to mention, Tom is a professor of astronomy at U of A in Tucson and he will be bringing his telescope for us to do some planet gazing later tonight.
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,014
    Gazing should be interesting. We already know the outcome of the smackdown. :woohoo:
  • Woody69Woody69 Posts: 360
    Tom has the odds against him... :)

Keep us posted.
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Open a big O'l fat can of Woopapple on his butt. :woohoo:

This is a post I will be following.... Keep us posted on the results. :)

That poor guy doesn't have a clue does he? :huh:

Gobble Gobble ;)
  • uglydoguglydog Posts: 256
    If you can find an honest, impartial judge, I'll put my money on the Egged Turkey. Tell Tom he's wasting his time.

Uglydog
  • If this were a football game you would be a 36 point favorite. B)
    I just basted the bird at 2-hours 30 mins., looking good. I will take a pic at 3 hours for you.
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Not very nice to show up the host like that. ;)
    You know he doesnt stand a chance.
    3 hours, thighs at 160.

smackdown2.jpg
  • Woody69Woody69 Posts: 360
    Any results yet ???? :) :)
    The bird came off the egg in 4 1/2 hours.

smackdown-3.jpg

The two birds were served and I have to say Tom's was great. The BGE turkey did have the best dark meat.