Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Remote Temp Gage Thru Top

LFGEnergyLFGEnergy Posts: 618
edited 10:11AM in EggHead Forum
Put smoker sensor thru top of egg, seems to be working well (doing a slower heavier smoke at about 300F). Dont trust egg therm (have new one in Garage that I will put on once roof is over egg this weekend).

Anyone damaged a sensor doing this, or am I missing somthing?

Happy holidays to all!

Dave in Keller, TX

Comments

• I hope that is ok, because I am doing the same thing. See my post this am.
  • Seems to be working well! A lot easier than having two sensors you have to move around when basting and turning turkey! Sitting right at 315 right now (going a deeper smoke today).

Have fun!
  • RRPRRP Posts: 16,113
    personally you run the risk of damage. The dome with gasket will easily compress around your cable. Leakage is minimal.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL