Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

1000s can't be wrong

AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So this year I'm doing the Mad Max turkey, just getting ready to put it on the Egg. -RP

IMG_1649.jpg
IMG_1652.jpg
·

Comments

• I wish we would be eating at my house as I would do the "Max Turkey" myself but as is I put the bird on about an hour ago and need to leave here by noon for the in-laws.
    Keep us posted Ron!
    ·
  • Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 1,620
    Me Too,
    IMG_1558.jpg
    Gobble, Gobble :woohoo:
    Jupiter Jim
    I'm only hungry when I'm awake!
    ·
  • so i've finally pulled you in!! BBBBWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA ....i feel like this is like invastion of the body snatchers!! :lol: :woohoo:

i hope you and kim and the entire clan have a great thanksgiving randy!!!
    ·
  • BHE1BHE1 Posts: 205
    Happy Thanksgiving Eggheads!!!! I hope each and everyone of you have a safe and festive day!!!! Now let's see the pics.

Mad Max Style Turkey: 18 lbs bird on at 7:30 am!
    DSC_0130.jpg
    DSC_0132.jpg
    DSC_0133-2.jpg
    DSC_0136.jpg
    DSC_0138-1.jpg
    ·
  • MMT is mightyfine - did one last year. We're passing on the gravy this year and decided to get spatchcocked.

Tina in da fridge overnight
    IMG_0439800x600.jpg
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Looks great AZRP!!! Why does the ice bag thing always look like a turkey with a hangover? :lol: I'll be pullin my turkey outa the brine bucket in a bit. Makin cranberry sauce right now with fresh Wisconsin berries. I got a powerful hankerin for fried cheese curds and if I can muster the effort to take a few pic's I'll post them at half time.
    Ice cold beer and pipin hot fried cheese curds is a combination that gets me dizzy with anticipation. :blink:
    Thankfully,
    Clay
    ·
  • Awesome looking pre-cook bird. How'd you get the butter spread across the turkey? I was trying the same and ended up with just clumps of butter that I had to really work to stick at all. Not the 'spread' I had envisioned. Butter not beat/sirred enough?
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I softened the butter and used my hands. -RP
    ·