Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adapting Alton's turkey recipe

Options
Buzz
Buzz Posts: 63
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm considering T-day recipe options.

This year I am considering branching out from Mad Max's tried and true method (which has worked well in the past).

Alton Brown's recipe looks interesting. Basically - Brine, into the oven for 30 min at 500 degrees, then finish at 350. The thought is that the early high temp browns and crispens the skin.

Recipe link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/good-eats-roast-turkey-recipe/index.html

Here's my question... if I stabilize my Egg at 500, then I've got a lot of heat carry over that will take too long to fall back down to 350. Think this is a problem?

If it is a problem, one of the possible work around would be to cover the 30 minutes at 500 in the oven, then move to the Egg for the 350 roast. I'm wondering if that would negate some of the Egg'in goodness.

Thanks,
Buzz

Comments