Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hosting or traveling??

Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hope no matter what we hope you all have safe travels and your family and friends are close by. we are hosting and having it at the studio so I can use the large to spatchock the turkey. we will be celebrating thanksgiving, my sons 28th birthday, he was a turkey baby :) and Christmas as we will all be scattered across the country for that. may your salads be crisp, the vegis hot and the turkey a perfect bird!! or what ever you are having this holiday meal enjoy and be safe :)Neil and Julie

Comments

•  
    Same back at ya Julie and Niel. We have a cold front coming through tomorrow so it should feel seasonably right. I am lucky and am a guest and only have to travel about 5 miles. It will be a great day. :cheer:

Gator

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,670
    heading up to sebago today, hoping to close the shop doors early. family will be there tonight for drinks, then stay til sunday. love this holiday
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Did a 15 pound turkey and a 10# ham last week. We are going out to dinner with some friends and then leave mon for a 4 day cruise to nowhere, no phones,email, forum(BAH) faxs just food and whatever shows they have. Hope they don't run out of scotch. You'll have a safe and enjoyable weekend.,
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,670
    better call ahead and tell them to stock up on the scoth B) i always call ahead :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    They tell me there is a boat load of it.
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Thanksgiving day here at our house with my family.Saturday and Sunday at the lake house with Kaye's family.Hope you and you family have a great Thanksgiving Julie.

Larry
  • Back at you Julie - sounds like a good old fashioned family celebration.

I hosting my bride and two dogs at our winter quarters which is also our summer quarters. :laugh:
  • Best Wishes to you folk too...Along with the entire fourm gang!
    We'll be traveling about 80 miles south for the famely fest. Maybe in the snow, as that is the forecast. However that was the forecast for last night too and we didn't get any.
    No matter it be a brown or a white Thanksgiving we'll have all or most all of the family together.
    There will be no Egging :( , but perhaps my brother has done something on his fancy, high tech, pellet rig.
  • My mother is in town and staying with us. We are also going tomorrow to Tania's family for Thanksgiving.

My mother is making stuff here to have as "leftovers" and we are going there to eat :S

I see Jenny Craig in my futute!
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Technically we are traveling since thanksgiving will be at the in-laws. However, we are traveling all of 100 feet. :woohoo:
  • Work til Friday PM and no turkey :(

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Happy Thanksgiving, Julie! We are staying put, and the Mongul Hordes (wife's family) will descend on Casa de Ranger around noon tomorrow. The Eggs will be working!

Have a great one.

Mike
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    We thought we were going to be traveling, so we did a spatchcocked bird for some friends. Then my dear wife got the crud and now we're staying in for the holiday.

Thanks to all the folks who made suggestions for a minimalist/last minute meal. She is feeling better and has decided that she wants a ham, so I'll be making a glazed one on the Egg and a couple of side dishes.

Thanks all and happy holiday!

Dave
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Open invite at the poolhouse,,catch a quick flight and I'll pick y'all up at the airport B)
  • BHE1
    BHE1 Posts: 205
    Dinner at our house; Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I hate not hosting it. The thought of not having plenty of left overs is disturbing!!!!!!

This is the first year in several my in-laws will not be here (my family will be joining us instead). I will continue our traditions, Wednesday is a great snack night with several imported cheeses, fruit trays, potato skins, and beef tenderloin. Lots of great wines and scotches too. I'm afraid I will probably miss out on the Churchill cigars this year. :( :(

Tomorrow 18lb bird on the LBGE, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, squash medley, cornbread, rolls, homemade chocolate pecan and pumpkin pies.

I wish you all a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!!!

Ed