Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

<blink>AWESOME!!!</blink>

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]Just realized that I forgot to mention the name of the generous donor o' wing sauce. It was BBQfan1...aka Mike K. Oh, so good! V.nice flavor plus a decent level of spice. Used it this evening for some large drumsticks. I don't know if we lived up to the tremendous job done by BBQfan1, but ours were pretty damn good. BBQfan1's wings had an awesome flavor with a very nice spice and smoke flavor.[p]Jobu had some insane wings with the help of Pure Hab (think that's the name of the product...something like 750,000 on the scoville (sp) rating scale). These things could easily take the paint off your walls. I had one which was absolutely delicious. About 5 seconds later, though, my mouth felt like it was at the temperature of one of the cooking eggs. As one who likes his chicken spicey (Cornfed likes his chicken spicey), gotta say those were some good wings.[p]Heeeee2K,
    Cornfed

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]Being able to roam around and take pictures (after I got my cooking finished) I got to see and hear alot - there were atleast two dealers there from around the area and I heard them talking about how much fun this type of promotion was. The hosts also mentioned how profitable it was, they obviously made some Egg sales to those dealers and people there. They sold all of their raised grates, setters, pizza stones, etc. [p]The key to any mini-eggfest is getting a local dealer or distributor to sponsor it. Let me know if anyone has a dealer that is interested, I will put them in touch with someone who can tell them what its all about and what it takes to put on.
    I can pretty much for sure tell you that Seasonal Dist will do it again - they were that impressed with the turn-out and results, or maybe Dale is just looking for another party.[p]
    Tim

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    Tim M,
    A lot of the credit has to go to you too! If I recall, you were the "culbrit" that instigated the whole enchilada! Way to go Tim!!! A tip of the hat to you and everyone that worked so hard to make it work![p]Dr. Chicken

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Dr. Chicken,[p]No way --- not at all![p]James Conyers from the local distributor came to Atlanta for Eggtoberfest and wanted to do one here as a sales enhancer. I think it worked for him too. He is the guy who did it. Jewel Johnson, from BGE, is the other person who made it happen. I had nothing to do with it other than that website. [p]Tim
  • Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    Tim M,
    All kidding aside, and in all honesty! You worked hard to make sure the E2K Fest went off without a hitch. If we asked those other people I bet they'd say you were an intergal part of it coming together! And that it couldn't have been done without you! [p]Anyway, the pic's and the camaraderie just sold (2) more Eggs for my dealer! My kids and inlaws are really likeing this stuff! Before long, we'll be an all Egg family! (Let's see, I think that would be eleven Eggs! Wow! We could have a mini Eggfest!)[p]Hang in there Tim! I enjoy your help, your input, your ideas and your web-site![p]Dr. Chicken