Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EF2K was a rousing success!

Options
bdavidson
bdavidson Posts: 411
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A GREAT day! So good to meet many of you whom I have considered "net friends" over the last year!
Can't wait for the Colonel to return home to post the recipe for those eggceptional Mexican stuffed pork chops. Nature (aka Mature) Boy barely had a chance to mingle due to his occupation with all four of his entrees, but I must admit, the squid was good (yes, I tasted it!), but the ginger ribs were better! Special thanks to Grillin Bill for his Tri-Tips entry in absentia (I even got to cook them while NB was carving his brisket!). Mr. Toad improved further on his stuffed pork loin (hard to believe!). And, I finally got a taste of Cat's ribs...delicious. I think we'll be headed to the grocery store later tonight to pick up a bunch of bananas...they were superb! Mary, our favorite meteorologist, had some sour dough bread that was simply awesome.
Last, but certainly not least, I am pleased to announce that I am now a card-carrying, "Spin-certified Pizza Preparer!" Special thanks to Spin and Mrs. Spin for the pizza tutorial. I am awaiting the official diploma from the Spin School of Pizzary for suitable framing and display.
The music was great! Gretl and Company...!!! Can you believe her son never had violin lessons?!!!!!
Tim M, resident Egg Fest historian and archivist and all-around good guy, will have the entire day documented on his website in due time!
We had a wonderful time with all of you today! It was well worth the trip and the registration fee. We hope to make it to Eggtoberfest '00! Thanks for a memorable day. Post those recipes!!!
Brad and Jo

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    bdavidson:[p]Spin makes pizza on a ceramic cooker look like child's play. I had never attempted pizza until attending his last seminar at EGGtoberfest '99. Thanks to his direction, my first attempt was a success.[p]Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time. Nice to put names and faces togeather and share technique. I am glad EGGfest2000 was a success![p]
  • bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    djm5x9,
    My pizza turned out a bit awkward. It was shaped rather like a kidney. As I explained to Spin, Nephrology is one of my favorite disciplines in medicine...besides, I think it's just a matter of time until the bean-shaped pizza takes off in pizzeria's around the country! :-) (He honored my efforts and gave me a passing grade despite its shape!)[p]

• Mary
    Mary Posts: 190
    Options
    bdavidson,[p]What a great run down. So many awsome flavors. Damn! We are good cooks! It was the best time I've ever had with a bunch of people I'd never seen before in my life. It was good of the company to host this and good of the BGE company to host this forum so we can all enjoy each others creativity. Now, I've got to get busy and download some recipes to see if I can duplicate them at home.[p]Mary