Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How long will my 4lb butt take?

Bama Egger
Bama Egger Posts: 137
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just put a 4 lb butt on at 250 degrees, mild smoke. It's 6:30 in the evening. I wonder what time it will be done? Pulled pork for breakfast sounds good.

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Paul,[p]Two hours per pound is usually a good rule of thumb. It's too late now but it should have been ready around 2:30 am. You could have then wrapped it in foil and put it into a cooler filled with crumbled newspapers or wrap in towels and it would stay hot for several hours.[p]How was it for breakfast? Pulled pork breakfast burritos?[p]Tonia
    :~)[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Paul,
    I am thinkin 10 hours. Breakfast at 4:30? Heee.
    Like Qbabe sez, a couple few hours in the cooler, and you are in for a nice breffus.
    Enjoy
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Well the fire cooled in the nite, I woke up at 12:30 and the egg temp. was only 175, so I opened the vent a bit and it crept up to 200 or so. Now at 7:30 AM the butt is at 190, the dome at 225. I think I'll take it off in half an hour, making a total cook time of 14 hours. It smells very good.