Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cooking a 10lb turkey

MikeMike Posts: 1
edited 10:36PM in EggHead Forum
This will be the first time I have used the BGEgg. Everyone says turkeys work out really well and here is Thanksgiving.
I plan to brine it for 24 hrs.

The recipes all mention the internal temperatures to achieve but don't give any clues to how long it might take.
If I cook at say 250 degrees approximately how long will it take for the turkey to cook?

Comments

• TWO WORDS: MAD MAX
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Kick that temp up to 325. You will be looking at 12-15 minutes per pound. lean toward the low end if it's not stuffed and the high end if it is.

Cooking a turkey at 250 degrees gives it a texture most people are not used to for Thanksgiving. Save the low and slow for turkey drumsticks.

As SoonerChris said if this is your first attempt at a Egged Turkey use Mad Max's technique.