Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Office Holiday Feast Signup - Show off BGE

bryansj
bryansj Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's getting to be that time of year again where you sign up to bring in something to eat at the office during the holiday end-of-year stretch. Any suggestions on what would show off the BGE's abilities and also be able to be cooked the night before and eaten the next day as-is or reheated in a microwave?

I don't want to be pulling food off the Egg early in the morning and having a pork butt resting next to my desk (or do I? humm).

Do ABTs reheat well?

What would you bring or have you brought to work?

Comments

• :woohoo: Get a Mini and bring it to work like Cookn Biker! She leaves hers there a lot and even has a profesional chef to prepare meals and snacks for her -- what a set up!! :lol: :silly: B)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    bryansj wrote:
    I don't want to be pulling food off the Egg early in the morning and having a pork butt resting next to my desk (or do I? humm).

So take the morning off and time your butt so it's ready to pull at about 10AM. Show up just in time for lunch. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    I've done the pork butt thing...take it off at 6:45 and hold until 11:45 in a cooler...worked great...

Abt's are ok in a microwave....

Going to do apple pie baked beans this time....cooked in the egg and reheated in the crock pot.
  • after 8 years of egging my office simply expects me to cook the main course now for all of our office functions....to the point that on 'function' day, i take the morning off and cook and then show up at lunch time with the 'egg' food. ..but i reallized a few years back that some folks were only spending a few bucks on chips or sodas and i was spending 60 to 100 bucks on meat each time....so now we have a sign up sheet for our luncheons, and we have 10 spaces for contributions to 'egg'food and the first 10 give me 10 bucks towards egg food and i go out and do things like bbq chicken, or pork loins, or pulled pork, etc. ...a couple of times a year we have a picnic at a local park and i actually load up my two large eggs and do things right there like burgers or italian sausage, etc. . ..at our christmas luncheon, i like to take it up a notch and do somethting like prime rib or a big ham. ...so i've run the whole gamut, but they all expect me to do the main course. . .heck at this point, i figure its job security cause the bosses love me for it!!!
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Office? What is that? :whistle: