Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT Help - Temp, Time, Raised Grid?

Options
Brian
Brian Posts: 73
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My first time. I know the ingredients but need the setup info. Thanks, folks.[p]Brian

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    33992%3C9923232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A4%3D933%3Dxroqdf%3E232335%3A85%3B666ot1lsi
    <p />Brian,
    I do mine direct on the lower grid @ 350° for 30 to 40 minutes, rotating and flipping every now and then. Works every time.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Brian,
    I do mine at 350 on a raised grid for 30 minutes, turning once at 15 minutes.
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Love Handles
    Options
    Brian,
    I do mine indirect, over a plate setter on main grill at 350 for about 45-60 minutes or I use my Chile Grille indirect for about the same times. See-Yaa TGIF

• ToyCollector
    Options
    I did mine direct last weekend on a raised grid at 350 for about 45-50 mins and turned every 15 minutes as well as rotated grid to avoid hot spots.
  • Smoke 'n Things
    Options
    When you guys talk about flipping in the posts below, I assume you use the whole peppers. Not boat style with the peppers cut in half.[p]I just cooked some boat style for the first time last weekend. They were boat style, direct, normal grid height, 325-350, for about 35 minutes. No flipping, but rotated the grid about every 10 minutes.[p]When I cooked them whole, I use my plate setter (legs up), then grid, then my chile grill at 350 for about 30-40 minutes. [p]When the bacon is done they are done for both styles.[p]I think I am going to switch to the boat style. I did not have to clean the chile grill and they were easier to make and eat. [p]Smoke 'n Things

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Brian,
    we do ours direct with a fish/veggie grid on a raised grid. [p]~nikki

[ul][li]Boccie does ABT's[/ul]
  • ToyCollector
    Options
    Smoke 'n Things,[p]You are correct, I did them whole. Cut them in half, craped them out, did one half with cream cheese, other half with stuffing and then put the two halves together and wrapped the outside with bacon. I will try the boat method next.