Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorate Eggfest

SteveinTN
SteveinTN Posts: 232
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been to the Atlanta eggfest 3 times - love it! Bought my large at my first eggfest!!!

Next year we are talking about adding one more eggfest into a long weekend vacation.

Please tell me your favorite eggfest and why (not Atlanta it is a given)

Thank you for your help in planning a 2010 vacation.
- steve

Comments

• That's a hard question to answer. Everyone thinks their Eggfest is great. So in order to make sure we make all the great one's we try to attend as many as we can. So far we haven't been disappointed. They all have something that makes them special.

However, we do tend to be a little partial to the Texas and Oklahoma Eggfests.

Spring "Fast Facts For Hard Choices" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    I would say OKC is one of my favorits. The fest is run very well. They have a dj an iron egg chef competion. A meet and greet an after party, and an after the after party. Lots and lots of great food, fun and forum poeple show up to it.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Steve....Spring Chicken speaks the truth...all the fests are great on their own right! And he speaks the truth that everyone favors their own... ;) I can honestly say though, based on location and lodging, the Florida Fest (SunshineStateEggfest.com) looks to be a phenominal addition!!! We will be having an Iron Egg Chef Competition, many many door prizes, the location is amazing, and for the first time ever, the Fest is being held AT the host hotel. :laugh: That means all you gotta do is stumble to an elevator, and you are home!! :woohoo: I have heard absolutely fantastic things about OK fest as well....just being honest. ;) Hope to meet you soon. ;)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    We have done only three fests. twice to the NH one, very nice but not like the other fests at all. the Florida one and had a blast!!! it was the people through and through :)and the Atlanta one this year that was over the top fun but BIG. I think that I like the little guys the best :) Florida I think is my favorite and the changes for the next one are going to make it really something to attend. it will be nice having it right at the hotel lol talk about "Stumble Inn" :whistle: :woohoo:
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Waldorf is really good. It is a lot of fun. Florida was 3rd on my list, but the new Sunshine Fest as planned will probably top it off in 2010. I think any fest that you attend would be good.
  • this is a tough one. we've done as many as 7 fests in 08...only narrowed it down to 5. And they are all my favorite or else we wouldn't go. Let's see, this year, OKC, Waldorf, Denver, Oswego, and Atlanta. Next year...tentatively we have Florida....or maybe San Francisco on the calendar.
    The smaller ones are really like a family reunion.

Desert Filly
  • :laugh: Steve, this was our first year for Egging and jumped into Festing pretty quick with a little help from my friend Reelgem :evil:

And cooking and competing with a little help from my friend Mikey :whistle:

Ku and I have certainly enjoyed the spring fest in OKC, the summer fest in Denver, and the fall fest in Plano :laugh:

The best part about OKC, besides Mini-thief Snoop Dog Dog's exceptionally well orchestrated planning and executed [and totally voluntary I might add] event was the "Stumble Inn" factor of the host motel being just across the parking lot! with a jacuzzi tub big enough to wash a full sized cutting board in :woohoo:

The best part of Denver's fest was a limited non-egging crowd so you didn't feel like you were feeding the entire Metro-Area [as PhotoEgg has pointed out] and the people were great!

The best part of Hornhonk's Plano Outlaw Fest, besides Hornhonk and Mrs. Hornhonk's gracious hospitality and extremely hard work to get it all put together when the sponsoring dealer backed out :S , was the exceptionally great location!
    The American Legion Hall, affectionately known as "AL," had ALL the ammenities you would expect to find at home: great kitchen, cheap bar (still deny any consumption of alcoholic beverages :whistle: ), many toilet seats, comfortable patio, and free "taxi" service (tips optional) back to the motel, which was within walking distance in the morning...

While all had talented and professional DJs, Plano's AL resident Saturday DJ was absolutely over the top with his vast and excellent collection!! The music never stopped and it was nearly impossible not to join in with enthusiam :silly: :laugh: :blush:

Think about what you and your Mrs. are seeking at a fest, then perhaps some Egghead Forum members could better guide you. But, like the Filly said, the smaller ones are like Family Reunions -- a feeling that keeps many of us active on this special forum B)