Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pictures from the rug show

Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in Off Topic
the Rug Show I was vending at for 11 days is a huge deal in the rug hooking world. It is held in the Red Barn on the Shelurn museum grounds.
http://www.shelburnemuseum.org/buildings_and_grounds/detail.php?id=22
If you are ever in VT and have the time check this place out. it was all built by a eccentric million heiress who was a collector. everything from full sized steam trains to collections of carriages to a huge steam ship and light house. all there. the barn is 3 stories and we and 11 other vendors are in the basement with the other two floors all rugs hung to view.
018.jpg
some of our rugs and wool
082.jpg
the chipmunk that played with us all 11 days LOL
126.jpg
fun saying and feeling :)
156.jpg
this rug was hooked by a grandmother for her grand daughter. everything begins with a "k" the rug is about 5X7 or 8 feet :0
176.jpg
can you see Lincoln's face in the center?
185.jpg
this one is maybe 4 or 5 by 10 or 12 feet.... breath taking
215.jpg
all different yarns and wool fabric in this one.again a huge one
224.jpg
103.jpg
just a small sample and hope you enjoyed them.

Comments

•  
    Very interesting post Julie and great photos. I'm a sucker for wildlife so I love the chipmunk. The rugs are amazing and the creativity wonderful!

Thanks for sharing,

Gator

• Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Nice rugs, my Mom used to be a hooker.

The heiress is Electra Havemeyer Webb, Vanderbilt fortune. My favorite thing in the museum is that hand carved three ring circus, really neat.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,505
    Julie, you're so talented! I should hook up my second daughter with you, she's not a hooker but loves to knit and do other handy crafts stuff ... her siblings call her the artsy fartsy one! She even spins and dyes her own yarn, buys used woolen sweaters from thrift stores and strips yarns out of them, etc. She also loves watching food channels on TV but only cooks once in a blue moon!
    -Gary
    canuckland
  • Thanks for posting, Julie. Great pics !
  • Wow! Haven't visited the OT Forum for a while. What a treat.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Really neat stuff Julie. I would like to just sit an watch how the heck you do it.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Ah Julie, you pluck a heart string with this!!
    My mom is a master knitter, quilter and sewer.
    She does the knit camps. Just beautiful, thanks for sharing!!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE