Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Don't take much to excite me!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
No, no , I'm not taking about Janet Jackson...I don't waste time on feet ball, baseball, hockey, basketball ever. But what I am talking about is five little "chuck tender steaks" that only cost about a buck each that turned out just great for a mid week dinner. We got home a little late and didn't even have time to marinate, dust em for more than 45 min. Planned to sear then roast as usual but the sear was enough since they were only little over 1/2 in. Used Montreal Steak and a cheap economy size of the same thing from Sam's. Since this "very low price" cut of meat was so good , I'm thinking about trying that Atkins thing after all.

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    I use this cut quite a bit, Chet. It is a lot of bang for the buck!!! Think I'll pick some up on the way home today........[p]Jim
  • Dave's Not Here
    Options
    Chet,
    How is that Canadian Steak Seasoning from Sam's. Close to MSS? I've seen it, but haven't tried it yet.
    Dave

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    Chet,
    Another easy variation w/cuts like that, is to grill them, cut them up and put them over romaine w/fresh parmesean, and voila-steak ceasar. We do this often.

• JSlot
    Options
    I use it all the time, Dave. In fact, I mixed some in with about 5 lb. ground chuck and made some burgers to take to Lakeland this past weekend. They were pretty damn good. We had 'em for lunch on Friday and had a few left over. Tina and John, the contest organizers, were ridin' around doing their thing and stopped in to check on us, so I offered them a burger. At first, Tina said they didn't have time, then she changed her mind and cut a burger in half, just the meat, no bun, and took it with her. About 15 minutes later they came rolling back up and skidded to a stop. John said Tina wouldn't quit talking about how good that burger was and he had to have one. He made a full burger with the bun and took a bite. He said, "This is the best hamburger I have ever eaten in my life!" Gotta love that faux Montreal stuff from Sam's!!! Of course, the Egg helped, too![p]Jim
  • Dave's Not Here,
    It's a carbon copy in my book...I think though I'm about ready to get me some of that Dizzy Pig / Cow Lick stuff though...can't stand the suspense much longer, plus everyone knoows "variety is the spice of life" (I like that old saying - don't you?)

• JSlot,
    Mr Slot there you have gone and done inspired me again...where is your web site , you need one, you got as much stuff goin on as the rest of em.

• JSlot
    Options
    Thanks, Chet. The only thing I don't have goin' on is enough time to maintain a website. LOL! I just post what I can when I can. Have a great day![p]Jim
  • Dave's Not Here
    Options
    Chet,[p]Sounds like two very positive reviews of the Sam's clone. I'll pick up a bottle this weekend.[p]The Cow Lick is Eggcellent. Try it, you'll like it. Not quite as salty as MSS, which is good IMO.[p]Thanks Jim and Chet.[p]Dave