Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Next question: Graphics adapters

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Ok, next question as long as I haven't ordered yet. I wouldn't be willing to spring $400 for the third adapter, but again just for running normal stuff, very little gaming, is there any reason why I might want to blow $250 and go for the second option? Thanks again!

Single Video Card Options

Single 1.8GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260 [Included in Price]
Single 1GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon™ HD 5870 [add $250 or $8/month1]
Single 1.8GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 295 [add $400 or $12/month1]
The Naked Whiz

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Options

I have to confess to having been a gamer for many, many years so my reply is biased. I would defiantly go with the 1GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon™ HD 5870. As I understand, it is built for all the features in Windows 7 and DirectX 11 as well as being fully downward compatible. I have always run ATI cards and they have never let me down. They have the reputation of being the most compatible and this one sounds like it will never slow you down. The processor and memory that are going in your machine sound great. I think the added frosting of this card to the top of the cake would be fitting.
    If you are sure you will never, ever  need/want a high end graphics card then go with the one included and you will probably be happy. Like I say, I am biased and have a weak spot for all the eye candy I can get. ;)

Gator

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Thanks again for the advice!
    The Naked Whiz