Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First attempt at a Pizza... PICS!!!

Options
johnrezz
johnrezz Posts: 120
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_7006.jpg
IMG_7005.jpg

Here ya go, I made it with wheat dough and I was not real happy with it. I will try regular crust next time....

I even had to whip up a 30 minute peel so I can get them on the grill, worked well.... Might make another one tomorrow with a better handle, seems a knot decided to show up in a bad spot....

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice John!! All whole wheat or half and half. It's better with the half mix.
    whip up a peel... killing me... :laugh: :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    I even had to whip up a 30 minute peel so I can get them on the grill, worked well.... Might make another one tomorrow with a better handle, seems a knot decided to show up in a bad spot....

Ya had me with that great looking ZA, but the 30 min peel :whistle:
    How about the 7 Minute Abs :evil:
  • johnrezz
    Options
    THe springs huh, I am in the other springs, Steamboat.... Of course once I fired up the egg the storms started rolling in with cold wind.... had a hard time keeping her hot tonight.....

and it is 6 min abs :)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Nice looking pizza! Took me several attempts to get one that looked even halfway decent.

I want to make a peel too. I guess I'm going to have to unearth the planer. I have some walnut, a bandsaw to resaw the stuff, and a jointer. I really don't want to hand plane it, but the planer is hiding in my garage with a chipped cutter. Bookmatched, ya think? :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    mmm and with the good cheese too it looks like :)
  • johnrezz
    Options
    Actually I made one with shredded mozzarella and one with fresh mozzarella, no comparison.....

J
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Nice job on the za and the peel.
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Looks yummee; and, uhhh, the peel? Well that just takes the cake! Are those little triangle pepperonies, or capicola?
  • johnrezz
    Options
    little triangle pepperoni, but capicola would be better, i had prachuto but was concerned about using due to how much salt cooks out of it... I made some grouse wrapped in it and it was way to salty......
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    did you do an egg wash on the dough? it looks shiney. it also looks like it was soft because of the draping effect at the perimeter (so hard to do with whole wheat!)...good bubbles, too...overall it looks great, sorry you were disappointed :(
    what recipe did you do for the dough?
    thanks B)