Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket

spn
spn Posts: 16
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, Looking for some advise......
Cooked fisrt briskte on BGE today. Have company comming over for football game tonight. It was raining pretty bad last night so I set the alarm for 1:30am and got up to prep the grill and get the brisket on. Have a Redi-Chek ET-73 so was able to monitor the meat and dome with the alarm.

My first observation is that I've never had a grill/smoker that would maintain temp like this. Very impressive. Didn't even open the grill until early this afternoon. Maintained b/w 225 and 250. All was going great until the meat got hung up at 170 degrees and dome temp started to drop. Had been at 170 for over an hour. Put on the BBQ gloves at about 3:15 and put in some more lump. In a panic, I went ahead and wrapped the brisket in foil and put in the oven.

For what it is worth, it was a "untrimmed brisket"/ approx 11.5 lbs. not sure where/if I went wrong but must still say loving the BGE and looking forward to my next try.

Comments