Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

EggoholicEggoholic Posts: 90
edited 4:00AM in EggHead Forum
Doing 26lb turkey for Family at Thanksgiving, smoking it at 265 or 270ish, how long will it take?

• ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,347
    may be a little rubbery at that temp, consider cranking the temp up to 350 & cook it till it's 160 degrees
  • thanks
  • any eta of time
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    12-15 minutes per pound,but cook to temp,not time ;)
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,347
    doug is correct, which is quite remarkable all things considered :laugh:
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,931
    You need to cook to temp not time, but you also need to have a ballpark for time - especially for Thanksgiving dinner. I have yet to do a turkey on the egg, but when I do, I will certainly check out MadMax's method. Seems very popular around here! He says his 21 lb bird took 6.5-7 hours at 325. Check it out...

If you’re afraid of butter, use cream.    Julia Child

Central Connecticut