Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Time

EggoholicEggoholic Posts: 90
edited 3:32PM in EggHead Forum
Doing 26lb turkey for Family at Thanksgiving, smoking it at 265 or 270ish, how long will it take?
Thanks
·

Comments

• ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,333
    may be a little rubbery at that temp, consider cranking the temp up to 350 & cook it till it's 160 degrees
    ·
  • thanks
    ·
  • any eta of time
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    12-15 minutes per pound,but cook to temp,not time ;)
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,333
    doug is correct, which is quite remarkable all things considered :laugh:
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,490
    You need to cook to temp not time, but you also need to have a ballpark for time - especially for Thanksgiving dinner. I have yet to do a turkey on the egg, but when I do, I will certainly check out MadMax's method. Seems very popular around here! He says his 21 lb bird took 6.5-7 hours at 325. Check it out...

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/madmaxturkey.htm
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·