Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Beer Can Chicken Not Cooked!!!

LFGEnergyLFGEnergy Posts: 618
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First, let me say that I am perplexed by poultry, and why I cant get better results. Everything else is coming in nicely. Chicken, not so nice :(

Made my first BCC last night (practicing poultry for turkey on Sunday). Cooked at 275 (grill temp, using my remote gauge) to internal at 160 (in breast). Cooked about hour fifteen, let rest about 20 minutes. Indirect, plate setter legs up with grate. BCC holder sitting on cookie sheet.

Breast was nicely cooked and moist, but lower half of chicken (legs, thighs) were still running red and undercooked. Now I am concerned about doing same with Turkey.

Any thoughts? Also, input on how to support turkey during cook would be appreciated (stand or laying horizontal).

Red Meat Rules!

Dave in Keller, TX

Comments