Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turbo Grate Question

Options
Miner Magic
Miner Magic Posts: 22
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How do you like your turbo grate? Worth it or just take a little extra care stacking the lump.

Also how tall is it and can it be used with the adjustable rig and spider?

Thanks,

Dave

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Have been thinking the thing. Thanks for asking.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• safetyman
    Options
    I have the 'tubro grate' and it works fine with the adjustable ris and spider. The 'tubro grate' has never given me any problem with lack of air, well worth the money. There are also other 'EGGers that have made up different variations of the grate, with successful results and very little money spent.
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    i have one and have no regrets.. the top part broke off a while back but it still works great, the fins are adjustable if you want to fine tune it..
    i am very happy with it
  • Miner Magic
    Options
    Bill / Safetyman thanks for the replies.
  • fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    Dave - The first TG I bought was made of thinner material (S.S.) and eventually failed. I have since purchased two more (one for each Egg) and these two are manufactured from heavier material and have held up quite well. Highly recommend.