Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Darn Propane ran out

Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Darn, went to light the egg, and my propane runs out. I don't like the oil thing and all I have is Wickecd Good which is hard to light.

Wrap the P. tenderloins back up and into the fridge till Sunday. Will get the propane tomorrow afternoon. :(

That's all right, almost pub time. :woohoo:

So y'all be sure to have a back up lighter of whatever you like use.

Cheers,
Bordello

Comments

• WG isn't that hard to light. In fact, if you use a fire cube or a napkin 'n' oil, bridge the lump over the flame close the dome and walk away you'll be up and running in no time. And with fewer sparks.

Don't quit now! Go unwrap the t'loins and eat!
  • Bordello
    Thanks Sundown but it 5 min. to pub time. I've used the paper/oil thing a few times and just don't care for it. I knew I should have bought 2 tanks the last time. :(

O.K. I'm off to warm my bar stool. :lol:

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • RVH
    RVH Posts: 523
    Two is one, and one is none!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    i just shovel some coal out of the stove and onto the lump :laugh: bet noone else with an egg has lit it with anthracite
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    You sure that is all your shoveling??? :whistle:
  • Bordello
    :laugh:
    None is what I have and I just knew this would happen. Need to get weber cubes but none of the home places are carrying them out my way so unless I get into town I'll get more propane.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    :lol:

The last and only time I shoveled coal was in the army, late 1966. :lol:

At least you have it.

Cheers,
    Bordello

Got Beer now so that helps. :woohoo:
  • fishlessman
    stove been lit for about a month now, lug 3.6 TONS down the hill everyyear, seems like the ash weighs more going back up ;) ill say it again, im the only idiot to have ever lit an egg with anthrasite :laugh: heres my living room, probably burn more this winter trying to heat the shower in the attic :ermm:
    2004_0111Image0002.jpg
    fukahwee maine

• Bordello
    Damn, that's what I call a fire, hope you have the extinguisher handy. :woohoo:

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • fishlessman
    forgot to shut the lower vent one night, tv nearby was melted down the side and the lower door was red and warped, near killed myself getting that door shut. nice stove though, burns 24 hours on a filling and it only goes out once or twice a season to clean it up
    fukahwee maine

• Bordello
    Glad to hear it was not worse, could have burned the place down with you in it. Sounds like a great unit and nice you only have to shut it down now and then.

Be Safe Fishlessman,
    Bordello
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Thanks for the post. I picked up a bottle of MAPP while at lunch.... :)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Bordello
    Thanks, it nice to know my post may have help any of you egger, it's the pits to have fight starting lump.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • fishlessman wrote:
    i just shovel some coal out of the stove and onto the lump :laugh: bet noone else with an egg has lit it with anthracite

I'll take that bet. I do it every once in a while. Light the egg with anthracite and light the anthracite with charcoal.

Even had the guy who I get coal from ask how I was lighting my stove since I hadn't ordered any starters from him in over two years. He was having trouble getting the starters he was providing and wanted to know what I was doing without them.

Starters were a buck fifty but only takes 3-4 chunks of lump and can't imagine how many starts are in a 20 pound of lump.

--Dave
  • James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    That's a warming picture. We have a multifuel stove as additional heat and seem to use it more in Spring and autumn. One of my favourite things used to be sitting out by the grill (cheap hibachi) after eating, with a bottle of wine, chatting and watching the swallows turn to bats. At that point you realize you've got chilly so scoop some embers up, walk them carefully (!) through the house and use them to get a roaring wood fire going in moments. Makes you realize how much heat there is in those embers.